Frequently Asked Questions
Due to direct shipping laws and regulations, Sierra Nevada Imports may be unable to arrange the shipment of wine by Customers to certain states or to prohibited “dry” regions within certain states. The regulations and court decisions affecting the interstate shipment of wine are in constant flux and can change at any time.
Therefore, Sierra Nevada Imports may change the states and regions to which it is able to arrange shipments at any time and without notice to Customers.
Customer may specify an ultimate destination zip code in any state. The Customer is solely responsible for importation of their wine into the jurisdiction of their shipping address and promises and agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sierra Nevada Imports harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, and expenses (including taxes, interest, penalties, and attorney fees and amounts paid in investigation, defending or settling any of the foregoing) arising out of or in connection with:
- (a) any act by or omission of Customer, their agents or employees, or allegations made upon such acts or omissions, relating to or affecting the wine sold to and shipped on behalf of the Customer by Sierra Nevada Imports in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
- (b) any inaccuracy of any representation made by Customer in connection with the transactions contemplated by these Terms and Conditions;
- (c) any claims brought or asserted by any third party against Customer for any wine sold by Sierra Nevada Imports to the Customer and shipped in accordance with the Customer’s instructions and per these Terms and Conditions.
Sierra Nevada Imports makes no representation as to the rights of anyone to import wine into any state outside of California. Customer authorizes Sierra Nevada Imports to act according to Customer’s instructions to engage a common carrier to ship Customer wine to destination zip codes where Sierra Nevada Imports is willing to make such arrangements or to deliver Customer wine to a third party shipper hired and instructed directly by the Customer.
We encourage consumers interested in their freedom to purchase wine from any state to sign up on the consumer mailing list of the Specialty Wine Retailers Association, a trade group that is intent on ensuring consumer access to a national wine market.
Sierra Nevada Imports is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our clients. All references to ‘our’, ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘Sierra Nevada Imports” or ‘Web Site’ within this policy are deemed to refer to Sierra Nevada Imports and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
The following outlines our privacy policies:
1. When you visit our Web Site, we may collect personally identifiable information from you, such as your name, email address or mailing address, or when you download any of the images, graphics or text material (“Material”) on the Web Site or email us with a question or concern.
2. Sierra Nevada Imports will not share, rent or sell your personally identifiable information to any non-affiliated organization or company without your consent. However, we may disclose your personally identifiable information under limited circumstances if we conclude we are required by law to do so or have a good faith belief that access, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Sierra Nevada Imports, its customers or the public.
3. All of the customer data we collect is stored on a secured server to protect against unauthorized access. Although Sierra Nevada Imports takes information security very seriously and uses reasonable administrative, technical, physical and managerial measures to protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access. Unfortunately, no security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information and cannot assume liability for improper access to it.
4. Sierra Nevada Imports will track visits to the pages and links on our Web Site so we can make decisions about the design and usage of the Web Site. While we may choose to share aggregate information, such as statistics, on consumer behavior to third parties, none of this aggregate information contains personally identifiable information.
6. Sierra Nevada Imports firmly believes in not selling alcohol to minors. We never collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under the age of 21, and no part of our Web Site is directed at or designed to attract anyone under the age of 21.
8. From time to time, Sierra Nevada Imports will contact our registered users who have opted in to be e-mailed with promotional information that we feel would be applicable to, and desired by that user. At any time a user wishes to opt-out of these e-mails, they may do so by contacting mailto:email@example.com. Once opted-out, the user will not receive any further communication from us, aside from any system messages that are necessary to that user in specific transactions, such as e-commerce order summaries.